You know that annoying message that pops up every time you plug in/unplug your speakers, headphones or microphone? You know the one that says ‘An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later’? Well, I’ve been getting it for days now, and I’ve tried everything I could think to try. Nothing seems to work, and I can’t even reset my PC to no avail. I’ve Googled this issue, and I’ve managed to find several other people complaining about the same thing. So this is what I’ve narrowed down the cause of the error to: it is a Windows 10 issue.
Windows 10 seems to be the latest victim of the Microsoft’s infamous microphone not plugged in error. In fact, it is not only Windows 10 that is affected by this error but in the past, this error was also reported in Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2016.
This error message can occur when you plug in the USB cable and the microphone is not successfully detected. Typically, the microphone is not working due to a system or driver issue.. Read more about microphone not plugged in windows 10 fix and let us know what you think.All you have to do is follow the troubleshooting steps below and you can be sure that by the end of this article, your microphone will be working properly again and the error will be gone for good.
How do I solve the problem with an unplugged microphone in Windows 10?
1. Default microphone setting
- Open Settings and click System.
- Click on Sound.
- Under Input, use the drop-down menu and select the microphone you want to use as the default system microphone.
2. Checking microphone settings
- Go to Control Panel and select View by : Small symbols
- Click on Sound.
- Click on the Record tab.Records tab
- Right-click in the empty area and select Show Disabled Devices.
- Turn the microphone on when it is off.
3. Audio Driver Update
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Find the microphone device, right-click on it, and select Update Driver.
- If there are any updates, they will be installed automatically by the installation wizard.
- Then restart the computer.
On the other hand, you can try to update the drivers automatically with a third-party application. This will save you time and effort, not to mention preventing permanent damage to your system. Driveris essential for your PC and all the programs you use every day. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, errors, hiccups or other problems, you need to keep it up-to-date. The constant search for driver updates takes time. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that safely checks for new updates and easily applies them, which is why we highly recommend DriverFix:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the application.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- Now the program will show all drivers that have problems, and you just need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer be an issue when you download and start using this powerful software today. Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
4. Change microphone availability settings
- Open Settings and select Privacy.
- Scroll down and select Microphone.
- Click Change to enable microphone access for the device, and then turn on the toggle switch to allow applications to access your microphone. Microphone
- Scroll through the list and select the applications that can access your microphone by activating the switch.Allowing applications to access the microphone
5. Troubleshooting for language
- Open Settings and select Update & Security.
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Click Additional Troubleshooting Tools to find the Language option.Additional Troubleshooting Tools
- Scroll to Language and press the Troubleshooting button.
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to correct the problem.
Windows Troubleshooter is the optimal solution when it comes to finding the cause of many problems, including the microphone not connected error. If troubleshooting stops without completing the process, check our procedure and get things fixed quickly.
6. Additional solutions
- Try using the microphone on another computer. If this works, the problem may be in your computer’s audio jack.
- Disconnect all devices and restart the computer.
- Since this could be the reason why your microphone is not recognized by the operating system, you should try updating Windows 10.
- If all else fails, try performing a system restore.
If you are still getting the same error message, it may be time to purchase a different microphone. These beautiful wireless microphones deserve your full attention. Do you have any questions or suggestions? Feel free to use the comments section below and tell us what worked for you.
Still having problems? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.If you recently updated your Windows 10 computer, you may have noticed a new problem with it. A popup will appear on your screen whenever you record any audio. The popup reads: “This device is not plugged in. Please connect the audio device to the computer.” It’s a real pain, especially if you’re in the middle of recording a video. To fix this problem, you’ll need to reconnect your microphone to the computer, or purchase a USB microphone.. Read more about jack mic realtek audio not plugged in windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my computer say my mic isnt plugged in?
What’s the difference between a microphone and a speaker? A few inches, really. Both are small, cylindrical devices that use sound waves to transmit voices. But whether you use one or the other depends on the kind of content you’re creating. What happens when your laptop says “Mic not plugged in?” Is your mic not plugged into the computer or is it not plugged at all? The answer to this question is easy—you got it. It’s not plugged into the computer. But, it is plugged into the sound card. This is because of a protocol, known as USB Audio Class. Sound cards are also known as audio capture devices. Each sound card has a small speaker, and a microphone for taking input in the form of sound. The sound and microphone of a sound card can connect to your laptop or desktop computer.
Why is my microphone not working Windows 10?
You have run into a lot of problems with your microphone not working in Windows 10. So, here is how you can fix that. It can be frustrating when you have a problem with your computer and you can’t figure out why it is not working, especially if the problem seems to be a simple one. Sometimes the answer to your question is obvious, but other times you might need a little help.
How do I reset my microphone on Windows 10?
Windows 10 offers some great features to help you work and play better. One of those features is Cortana, Microsoft’s personal digital assistant that can perform many tasks on your PC. One of those tasks is to help you get rid of that annoying microphone not plugged in error message. Cortana can both fix and prevent this issue from ever happening again, and in this tutorial we’ll show you how. You probably use the microphone in your computer all the time, whether you’re chatting with friends, recording a video or just listening to music. But, as with any other device, you should always unplug your microphone before you return your computer to the factory settings when you’re done with it.
Feedback,microphone not plugged in windows 10 fixmicrophone not plugged in windows 7microphone not detected windows 10microphone showing not plugged inmicrophone says not plugged in windows 10windows 10 microphone not working realtek,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,microphone not plugged in windows 10 fix,microphone says not plugged in windows 10,windows 10 microphone not working realtek,jack mic realtek audio not plugged in windows 10,internal microphone not plugged in windows 10,microphone not plugged in windows 7,microphone not detected windows 10,microphone showing not plugged in