To change Windows password username, you can use the following methods: 1. From Windows tray, click “Control Panel”, and then click “User Accounts”. 2. In User Accounts, click “Change User Account Control Settings”. 3. In “Change User Account Control Settings”, click “Change user account control settings for this PC”, and then click “Change”.
So, you have a Windows account, and you want to change the password for that account. The website might suggest that you go to the account settings page, but that would be tedious. Instead, you can just use the Windows command line.
If you are still using the default Windows password of your username and having difficulties changing the password, then here are a few easy ways to change the password in Windows 11.
Vlad Turiceanu Editor-in-Chief
With a passion for technology, Windows and anything with an on/off button, he has spent most of his time developing new skills and learning more about the world of technology. With a strong background in personal computing,… Read more
- Changing your username and password in Windows 11 is very simple and not much different from the way you did it in the previous version of the operating system.
- Using single keys on your keyboard is one of the easiest options to consider.
- Use the Settings menu to quickly manage your account information.
- Another good solution is to use the Control Panel. So follow the steps below.
Changing your Windows 11 username and password is probably the first adjustment action if you want to enjoy your new operating system.
You should know that it is quite simple and the options available do not take much time, as they are implemented with the simplest steps you can think of.
Note that there are several ways to manage your username and password. You can do this for the administrator as well as other accounts.
We have tried to present only the most useful options for changing account information in Windows 11. Be sure to read our entire guide to choose the method that works best for you.
How do I change my username and password in Windows 11?
1. Windows 11 keyboard password control
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously.
- Select Change Password.
- Enter the old password, then the new password and confirm.
The easiest way to change your password in Windows 11 is to use certain keys on your keyboard.
2. Change password via system settings
- Open the settings.
- Go to accounts.
- Select the connection options in the left pane of the window.
- On the right, click Password and then click Change.
- Enter the current password.
- Enter the new password you want, confirm it and give it a hint, then click Next.
4. Password management from the control panel
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Go to the Control Panel and click on it.
- Check the User Accounts option and then click Change Account Type.
- Select an administrator account.
- Click Change Password.
5. Changing the account name in Windows 11 through Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel and perform the same first 4 steps.
- Instead of selecting Change Password, click Change Account Name.
Do you know these techniques? As you can see, the simplest options for changing passwords in Windows 11 are very similar to those in Windows 10.
Even if you are a fan of the old look of the operating system, you should read the article on how to switch Windows 11 to the classic look.
As you know, your opinion is important to us. Feel free to leave comments on related topics in the section below.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionIf you’ve been using Windows for a while, you may already know that changing your password can get tricky. Especially if your password is unique, and you don’t want to spend forever changing your password and retyping your email. Here are some simple steps that you can follow to change your password instantly, in Windows 10.. Read more about reset admin password windows 10 and let us know what you think.
replace account name and new_passwordnet user username could not be foundreset admin password windows 10the syntax of this command is net userhow to change vps password with cmdnet user change password microsoft account,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,replace account name and new_password,net user username could not be found,net user change password microsoft account,bypass windows 10 password command prompt,reset admin password windows 10,the syntax of this command is net user,how to change vps password with cmd,how to reset password using command prompt